The “radical decentralization” is a phrase that has been coined to describe a massive decentralization of power, shifting away from the old hierarchical systems, like governments and large corporations, to individuals and small groups. We see these changes all around us, yet few have realized the massive radical personal empowerment now taking place.
See the article Confusing Citizen/Consumers by Farid Tabarki, for an introduction.
Work Is Going To Shift Away From Centralized Companies
- Creating a Company without Employees: Philip Rosedale on the Future of Entrepreneurship
- No Bosses: The Future of the Company?
Government Is Going To Be Disrupted By Connected Citizens
- Citizenville by Gavin Newsome is the “story of how ordinary citizens can use new digital tools to dissolve political gridlock and transform American democracy”
- Government: How the top down opaque hierarchical institutional infrastructure is no longer relevant and is collapsing around us by Gavin Newsome
Cryptocurrencies Are Going To Be Huge
- In One Month Everyone In Iceland Will Own Cryptocurrency
- Mark Andressen Tells Us Why Bitcoin Matters
Decentralized Services Are Being Built
- Bitcoin (digital cash)
- Bittorrent (file transfers)
- Bittorrent Sync (file sync)
- Media Goblin (image, video and sound blogging)
- Yacy (search engine)
- Jitsi (voice chat)
- Twister (microblogging)