At GreyCoder, we cover the emerging world of distributing computing or peer-to-peer technologies. Our theory is this:
- Media transfers should be peer-to-peer and encrypted (e.g. Bittorrent)
- Payments should be peer-to-peer (e.g. Bitcoin)
- Internet Access should be peer-to-peer (a meshnet) (e.g. Open Garden or Freedombox)
- Communications (email, messaging, voice, video chat) should be peer-to-peer and encrypted (e.g. Thunderbird with the Enigmail extension, OTR Messaging, Redphone)
- Media browsing should be peer-to-peer and encrypted (e.g. Tor)
- Media syncing should be peer-to-peer (e.g. Bittorrent Sync)
- Media should be saved in open formats (e.g, Matroska, FLAC, OGG, EPUB, PNG)
More broadly, we cover any product or service that empowers people, by connecting them to their peers:
- Bitcoin: A decentralized payment system
- Bittorrent: A peer-to-peer file sharing system
- Lending Club: A peer-to-peer lending service
- Zidisha: A service that allows you to make peer-to-peer micro-loans
- IndieGoGo: A service that crowdfunds new products and projects
- Bandcamp: A service that allows musicians to sell directly to their fans
Oh, and here’s our recommended privacy tools.
You can contact us on this page, or you can contact the editor at “epoche @ countermail.com”.
About The Website
Here are the services used to build this website, I recommend them all:
- Managed WordPress Hosting: Synthesis
- WordPress Theme: Genesis Framework (eleven40 child theme)
- SEO Software: SEOMoz
- Web Stats: Clicky
- Link Cloaking: Eclipse Cloaker
All articles published on this website are provided solely for educations purposes. Before using any of the apps or services listed on this site, please check that you are not violating local laws.
According to new FTC blog guidelines, bloggers and webmasters must disclose that they are being financially compensated for including certain products or services in their blog posts. This page is GreyCoder’s disclosure page.
This websites uses affiliate links to many companies listed in our reviews. These are a type of commission program on the web. If you buy a product or service as a result of clicking on these links, I will receive a commission on the resulting sale. However, I don’t link to services that I wouldn’t recommend to a friend.