At GreyCoder I explain how you can enhance your privacy online.
You can contact us on this page, or you can contact the editor at “greyone @ greycoder.com”.
My Recommend Privacy Set-Up
- A Netgear R7000 Nighthawk FlashRouter with Private Internet Access as the VPN
- A computer from ThinkPenguin with Elementary OS (Linux) or Kubuntu (Linux)
- An email account from FastMail (or MyKolab) with email client Thunderbird (plus quickFilters add-on to control spam)
- MaskMe as a privacy manager for email, phone and credit cards
- Firefox as a web browser with these add-ons: Disconnect ‧ Adblock Plus ‧ HTTPs Everywhere ‧ Cookie Whitelist ‧ Stylish for Firefox) and LastPass
- Disconnect Search as a search engine
- SpiderOak as an encrypted cloud provider
- A Blackphone as a mobile device (or a jailbroken Android device with Redphone and TextSecure)
- Other mobile apps: MaskMe Mobile ‧ K-9 Mail ‧ Maps.Me
About The Website
Here are the services I used to build this website:
- Managed WordPress Hosting: WebSynthesis
- WordPress Theme: Genesis Framework (the Epik child theme)
- Web Stats: Clicky
- Domain Hosting: NameCheap
- Comment Spam Eliminator: WP-SpamShield
- Social Network Automation: OnlyWire and NextScripts
- Link Shortener: PrettyLinks
- Site Search: Relevanssi
- Related Posts: Zemanta Related Posts
- Broken Link Checker: Screaming Frog
- SEO: Yoast’s WordPress SEO
- Site Cache: W3 Total Cache
All articles published on this website are provided solely for educations purposes. Before using any of the apps or services listed on this site, please check that you are not violating local laws.
According to new FTC blog guidelines, bloggers and webmasters must disclose that they are being financially compensated for including certain products or services in their blog posts. This page is GreyCoder’s disclosure page.
This websites uses affiliate links to many companies listed in our reviews. These are a type of commission program on the web. If you buy a product or service as a result of clicking on these links, I will receive a commission on the resulting sale. However, I don’t link to services that I wouldn’t recommend to a friend.